Monday, October 1, 2012

UFO for September 2012

 

I’m happy to report that progress was made on this month’s UFO.  I had a small pile of blocks, but the project was stalled because I couldn’t decide if I should make more blocks, make different blocks, etc.  So when I pulled them out of the box I decided they were going together somehow, no matter what! 

IMG_1968

Instead of the originally planned long table runner the blocks became a square.  Whether this will be a table topper or a cushion or the centre of a larger project is yet to be decided. 

The project is based on Helene Knott’s pattern called Magic Squares, though I used a different construction method.   I love the three dimensional effect of the lights and darks in these simple blocks. 

 

Technorati Tags: ,

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I love the colour set, it could be marble, or polished wood.