Tuesday, August 19, 2014

On my wall

Not a new quilt, but a favorite.

I like to hang up this quilt in August. The colours reflect what I see out the window.  Not many weeks ago everything was green and lush but now the bunchgrass on the hills is scorched brown from the summer heat and the Ponderosa pines with their dark coppery trunks loom dark green.  I love this quilt, not just the fabric choices, but the pieced plaid border, not quite straight, and the corners, two mitred, two not mitred.
Tall Pines and Sunshine


The block was adapted from one in Block Base.  I've always meant to make this again, thinking it might work in solid fabrics.  I'll have to see what's in the stash....

1 comment:

Linda in Calif. said...

I just love this - so many great things about it. The fabrics, the colors - the way the background changes - just beautiful!