Monday, January 16, 2017

A couple of scrappy finishes

While it is exciting to start something new I do find that seeing something finished has its own kind of satisfaction!  Over the last little while two scrappy projects have been completed, all the way to the binding.

The Plaid ZigZag quilt has borders, quilting, binding.  I'm glad I decided to use multiple fabrics for the light triangles, and the green inner border that I waffled about seems to be just fine.

Inspired by Bonnie Hunter's design that she calls Narragansett Blues.  Started, as usual, thinking it would "use up" some scraps.  None of the fabric piles seem any lower, but I had lots of fun!  This lap-sized quilt is also completely complete and has found its way to its new home.

3 comments:

AnnieO said...

Beautiful scrappy quilts! Love the plaids.

maggie fellow said...

wonderful quilts - I don't know why I sew and sew and there is no dent in the fabric LOL

Ruth said...

very clever sense of depth in the lap sized quilt!